www.PNWJeep.com

Pacific NorthWest Jeep forum
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:10 pm 
Im not a player, I just post alot.

Vehicle: What's left of a 98 TJ
Cross post from Dave Cole at Pirate 4x4

While the Marine Corps let the Cook/Mckeon Compromise go unchallenged in the House of Representatives, we believe they will introduce their Alternative 6 language through Energy and Resources Committee on the Senate side via S 1309. We must contact these individual members of the Senate to ask them to oppose such language.

Key talking points:

The ask: Do NOT include the Johnson Valley Land Transfer in S. 1309 and definitely do NOT include it in the Senate version of the NDAA

-The Johnson Valley Land Transfer in S 1309 is EXTREMELY controversial. It certainly should not be considered together with other relatively uncontroversial land transfer bills.

-The Marine Corps has never reached out in any meaningful way to the local community on this issue. That's why all four surrounding cities (Twentynine Palms, Yucca Valley, Apple Valley, and Hesperia) have passed unanimous resolutions opposing the expansion as has the County of San Bernardino.

-The House NDAA has compromise language that would allow the Marine Corps to conduct training in the Johnson Valley 60 days a year, while still allowing recreational use the rest of the year. This compromise is supported by San Bernardino County, all local governments, and the overwhelming majority of local residents.

-The Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center at Twentynine Palms has already been plagued with intrusions on to base and has even had issues with scrappers crossing on to base and taking unexploded ordinance. By dropping live bombs in the Johnson Valley (a heavily recreated area), it will only be a matter of time before a family is killed by a dud bomb during an inadvertent intrusion on to base land.
As always, be courteous and take your time getting your point across. It is likely the staffers you are speaking to have no idea what or where Johnson Valley is. Make a good impression!
This is happening today or tomorrow, so your calls are really important. We are making a difference. Now is the time to push harder.

Please focus your calls on the following offices:

Senator John McCain:
202- 224-2235

Senator Ron Wyden
202-224-5244
Senator Carl Levin:
202-224-6221
Senator Lisa Murkowski
202-224-6665
Senator Dianne Feinstein
202-224-3841

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:53 pm 

Vehicle: 98 TJ 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
"97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rolled"
From Auto Blog

House passes legislation to save King of the Hammers home

2013 King of the Hammers

2013 Griffin King of the Hammers2013 Griffin King of the Hammers2013 Griffin King of the Hammers2013 Griffin King of the Hammers2013 Griffin King of the Hammers2013 Griffin King of the Hammers2013 Griffin King of the Hammers2013 Griffin King of the Hammers

By Jonathon Ramsey RSS feed

Posted Dec 21st 2013 4:31PM

Comments 15

Amid the dust, euphoria and apocalyptic overtones of last year's King of the Hammers race, there was a fight going on to save the Johnson OHV (Off-Highway Vehicle) area for public use. Part of the area's 188,000 acres borders the 29 Palms Marine Base, and the Marines wanted to claim 160,000 of them for military use. If that happened, it would have robbed the public of almost all of the Johnson OHV area and, in claiming the Hammers collection of rock formations, shut down the race.

The work of numerous land-access groups went into finding a compromise, and an agreement has been struck in the US Congress that cedes 88,130 acres to the Marines permanently and leaves 99,870 acres for public access. Of those 99,870, twice a year for 30 days each the Marines will lay claim to 56,000 of them for military exercises. The caveat, though, is that the public land will be overseen by the Bureau of Land Management, so the Marines can't use dud-producing ordnance or ammunition larger than .50 caliber there.

And since the roughly 100,000 acres left to the recreational set includes features like the Hammers, Spooners, Aftershock, Soggy Dry Lake, Emerson Dry Lake and most of the Fry Mountains, the race will go on and another awesome time will be had by all. We expect we'll be out there to do it again as well...

News Source: Press-Enterprise, SEMA Action Network

Image Credit: Copyright 2013 Jonathon Ramsey, King of the Hammers, AOL

Timbertamers.org

Buy a car from me at Lee Johnson, Chevrolet, Mazda, and Kia.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:54 pm 

What about elvis and martel?

I want to see a map.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:48 pm 
Club Member

Vehicle: XJ 35's locked, TJ 37's locked
KarlVP wrote:
What about elvis and martel?

I want to see a map.

X2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:15 am 

MAP.

http://cook.house.gov/johnson-valley-map

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:19 am 

Better map.

We lost Elvis and Martel. :mad:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:37 am 
Club Member

Vehicle: XJ 35's locked, TJ 37's locked
I have never wheeled Martel or ElvIs. Looks like I never get to either. :mad:.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:56 pm 

Neither of those trails were hard at all. They had some fun bonus lines on them but the trails themselves you could take a stock rig through.

The fun part was the drive out to them. :-(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:17 pm 

Vehicle: '69 Bronco
xingting1 wrote:
We are making a difference.
cheap fifa coins
buy cheap fifa 15 coins

:ban :ban :ban

Baller